Legal Assistance From a Car Accident Attorney Allentown Is Advantageous
Author: Samuel Fishman
Publish Date: Jun 19, 2022
According to PennDOT, speeding and reckless driving are the leading causes of car accidents in Pennsylvania. A total of 125,267 car crashes were reported in Pennsylvania in 2019. Of these, 1,059 resulted in fatalities. Allentown, a city in Lehigh County, is the third most populous city in Pennsylvania. A significant number of people sustained injuries in car accidents within Allentown city limits in the year 2019.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Allentown?
After an accident, you will have to file a Personal Injury Protection (PIP) claim to begin the process. An experienced lawyer can help you with the procedure to file a claim. All Pennsylvania registered vehicle owners who operate a motor vehicle are required to carry a minimal amount of car insurance. In addition to having to pay out of pocket for any accident-related expenses, people who are found to be operating a motor vehicle without insurance may have to pay a hefty penalty.
Before you file the PIP, you should contact a medical professional and seek medical attention for any injuries. This will not only protect your health and well-being but will also help to document the existence and severity of any injuries, especially if you were involved in a hit and run accident. There are certain situations when you may be able to file a third-party insurance claim. A knowledgeable attorney can explain the laws to you in-depth.
Comparative Negligence in Allentown Car Accident Cases
The rules for claiming compensation for personal injuries, like a back injury due to an accident, vary from state to state. In Allentown, PA you have a two-year statute of limitations starting from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. Failure to file the lawsuit within that period can bar you from recovering any damages. It is important to know that Pennsylvania follows a comparative negligence theory of liability apportionment, whereby a plaintiff’s compensation will be reduced by their contribution of liability. When filing a lawsuit, you should be sure that you do not share more than 50% of the responsibility. Otherwise, the court will bar you from recovery.
Finding an Experienced Injury Attorney in Allentown
- Accidents can happen for numerous reasons. Some are serious, leading to enduring, lifelong health conditions. Other accidents are less severe, causing nothing more than minor vehicle damage.
- Although the severity of accidents varies, one thing is for certain: injuries happen. Health problems resulting from such accidents can affect personal and working lives.
- If you have been the victim of an accident, you may be dealing with long term disability, job loss, medical expenses, and many other issues. Some injuries may even prove fatal in the long run.
- Fortunately, legal professionals may be able to help. If you were hurt because of someone else’s negligence or intentional misconduct, you might be entitled to substantial compensation.
- If you have suffered a personal injury in Allentown, you should contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
- A lawyer can be of significant help whether filing a complaint with the court or an insurance claim. After receiving any necessary medical treatment, consult with an attorney to assess your case and your chances of obtaining compensation for your injuries and other damages. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, you may be required to report the auto accident to the Department of Transportation within a specific period of time following the accident. Motorists in Pennsylvania are required to file a report within 5 days of the crash when:
- The accident was not investigated by the police
- The accident resulted in death, injury or severe damage to any vehicle.
Pennsylvania authorities may suspend your license for failure to report an accident when it is required. If you are concerned about disclosing the accident to appropriate authorities, you can consult with an injury lawyer in Allentown who understands the laws and legal process.
An Allentown Car Accident Lawyer That Is Right for You
When searching for a lawyer with a good reputation, be careful. You should never choose without doing some preliminary research on the attorney’s credentials, experience, and fee structure. It is helpful to consult other professionals, as well as family and friends, for recommendations. Online lawyer referral directories are also a good resource. Many directories will list attorneys near you, their credentials, practice areas, case history, and success stories.
- There is much more to legal representation than litigating in court. Most personal injury cases never reach the courtroom. Before that stage, a competent legal professional should be able to build a strong case that includes all supporting evidence. With a strong case, your attorney can pursue a fair insurance settlement that satisfies your needs.
- If your case does proceed to court, having legal representation is a significant advantage. Attorneys understand courtroom procedure, how to introduce evidence, question witnesses, and communicate with the judge and jury. All of these skills are born of training and experience that a lay person is unlikely to have./
- You should seek an attorney who has years of experience representing clients in auto accident cases. An attorney with comprehensive knowledge and experience can be vital to a lawsuit.
- Depending upon the nature of the accident, injuries, and losses, you may be in need of a top Car Accident Attorney Allentown client’s trust. After all, car crashes can be extremely devastating and complicated to argue. The scene of an accident is likely to be chaotic. Establishing the facts of your case may require multiple forms of evidence and expert testimony./
- Following the accident, you may be too hurt to handle everything on your own. The legal process can be exhausting. Insurance companies have teams of people and resources who are able to tirelessly work against you. Adjusters and investigators may look for ways to low-ball a settlement offer that is unreasonable and unfair. /
- A seasoned lawyer understands insurance companies and opposing attorneys. They can pursue monetary damages for all your accident-related injuries. Accident victims may be able to establish entitlement to all types of damages stemming from the accident.
- Pursuing damages is rarely easy or straight-forward. When trying to prove damages, you may need to provide extensive paperwork and documentation demonstrating losses, injuries, and expenses.
- This is why having a lawyer can be so advantageous. After all, you should be focused on recovery, not the legal process. Leave personal injury law to the professionals who understand it best.
When Should You Hire an Attorney?
- Retaining a competent lawyer can be vital especially when you are seriously injured in an accident. Unrepresented people may continue to suffer through hefty medical bills, lost wages, and more.
- Although a person can represent themselves in court, having a licensed attorney can make the process much easier. After all, many victims of car accidents are denied recovery of compensation even if the other party was at fault for the accident due to being unprepared or overwhelmed.
An attorney can handle complex claims on your behalf, sparing you the time and hassle. This is why hiring an experienced personal injury attorney can be so beneficial. Our attorneys are capable of assisting you from the initial consultation, through negotiation, or even litigation if necessary.
With competent legal help at The Law Offices of Samuel Fishman, you can avoid pitfalls created by insurance companies and adjusters. With experience handling complex accident lawsuits, our legal team is ready to represent you and fight for your rights.