New Jersey Car Accident Lawyers For Your Legal Needs
New Jersey sees thousands of car accidents each year. In many cases, compensation can be recovered for damages associated with personal injury and related losses. Typically, insurance companies and third-party claims make this possible.
This is when a New Jersey Car Accident Attorney can help. If another party is responsible for your suffering, you as an injured individual may be entitled to substantial compensation. However, while most victims survive with minor cuts and injuries, some people can and do suffer serious, even permanent injuries.
In some cases, the accidents that occur are quite serious. The death of a friend or family member can create a surge of emotions as well as economic turmoil throughout the family.
Even in cases of minor injuries, the medical bills and loss of work wages can bring misfortune to the victim and family. The financial, physical, and psychological consequences that follow can make it hard for victims to return to normal life.
Experienced car accident lawyer Jersey City NJ can assist significantly with the legal process moving forward. These crucial benefits include:
- Preparing Your Case;
- Dealing With Third-Party Settlements;
- Dealing With Insurance Companies;
- Pursuing Compensation For Your Injuries
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In New Jersey
Every year there are thousands of car accident victims who report car crashes in New Jersey. The leading cause of such road accidents is negligent driving.
Primary causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving;
- Reckless driving;
- Excessive speeding;
- Aggressive driving;
- Drinking and driving;
- Drug abuse;
- Drowsy driving;
- Faulty motor vehicle designs or manufacturing defects;
- Poor road conditions;
- Bad weather conditions;
- Multi-vehicle accidents;
- Roll-over accidents;
- Intersection and rear-end collisions.
Clearly, there can be many people, groups, and companies responsible for a car accident. If you can prove any of these parties are responsible, you may be able to receive compensation. Your compensation will largely depend on the severity and consequences of your injuries.
However, most people don’t understand how personal injury law works. It requires evidence and knowledge to make the process of getting compensation easier. This is why people may choose to hire a Jersey City Car Accident Attorney.
Major Injuries Following A Car Accident In New Jersey
Auto accident victims may face serious injuries. Below is a list of injuries many drivers endure on the roads:
- Head injury;
- Spine injury which leads to paralysis;
- Broken bones and rib cage;
- Internal organ damage;
- Traumatic brain injury;
- Severe burns;
- Loss of limbs;
- And many other injuries.
It is important to note that in some cases, a car accident survivor may not immediately notice an injury. They may later complain about health issues related to the accident.
Thus, it is usually a good idea to immediately seek medical treatment after an accident even if you do not notice severe injuries. If some treatment is administered, the victim can consider contacting a New Jersey Personal Injury attorney. An experienced legal professional can help victims through the complex process of the claim in order to receive fair compensation.
Evidence To Be Collected After A Car Accident
It will help your case if you can collect some evidence to support your claim. There are a number of other things that you can do. Your attorney can help as well. If it’s safe, you can do the following:
- Take a picture of the accident scene where the conditions of the road can be seen (for adverse road conditions);
- Try and take a photograph if the weather conditions are rough;
- Consider taking a picture of your damaged car and the other vehicle involved in the accident;
- Seek information such as driver’s license, car number, contact details, and auto insurance number of the other party involved in the accident;
- Collect evidence from eyewitnesses;
- Keep a copy of your police report if possible;
- Keep all medical records related to your accident injuries. Even small details of medical bills and prescriptions should be preserved.
When you consult a New Jersey Car Accident Lawyer, they will ask you for evidence to build your case. Many times, accident victims take a lot of time before seeking professional help. Often, car accident survivors don’t seek legal help. They may not even consider the incident to be a legal case. This is a mistake. If you are involved in any car crash then seek legal advice.
Before talking to your insurance company or adjusters, you can talk to a lawyer. Most car accident cases are settled. Your attorney can help you settle without a court’s involvement. Therefore, consulting a lawyer is often useful following an accident.
Car Insurance Policies in New Jersey
Every car driver in New Jersey must carry a minimum amount of insurance coverage. This insurance is intended to compensate for losses suffered in any accident. There are two types of auto insurance policies, standard and basic.
Most people choose standard insurance policies that provide different coverage options. There is a chance to purchase additional protection as well. The standard policy also provides uninsured motorist coverage based on the amount chosen for liability coverage. However, basic insurance policies provide limited coverage as there are limited benefits.
The amount of liability insurance coverage differs for standard and basic policies. Under a standard policy, the bodily injury coverage ranges from $15,000 per person to $250,000 per person and $30,000 per accident to $500,000 per accident. In a basic policy, no bodily injury coverage is provided. However, in some situations $10,000 can be provided per person and per accident.
In a standard policy, the property damage coverage ranges from $5,000 to $100,000 per accident and in a basic policy the amount is $5,000. Uninsured motorist coverage ranges from $15,000 per person to $250,000 per person and from $30,000 per person to $500,000 per accident.
Under a standard policy, you have the right to choose different options when you are injured in a car accident. However, under a basic policy you have a limited right to sue option.
How Can An Experienced New Jersey Car Accident Lawyer Help?
There are many ways in which an attorney can help you. It is never too early to seek professional help. An experienced accident lawyer will help you in the following ways:
- Get compensation: You can seek compensation for your property damage as well as your physical injuries. You can also claim for pain and suffering, loss of potential to work and lost wages. A legal professional can help you understand the nature and argument of your case.
- Stay focused and not fall for adjuster or insurance settlements: With physical ailments, oftentimes, people settle for less than they should. A lawyer can help you stay focused on your goal and prevent you from falling into the trap of agreeing to inadequate compensation for the injuries sustained.
- Get appropriate documentation: Recording each medical document is necessary. You should have extensive evidence of hospital visits, treatments, medications, surgeries, and various conditions and symptoms.
A New Jersey auto accident attorney may be able to help you obtain the records you need, and assist you with your case throughout the whole process. Preparing your case before filing it with the court makes the whole process easier.
Feel free to consult an accident lawyer. You can call the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman today. We have worked for decades to seek fair compensation for each and every client.