How can a competent Southampton Truck Accident Lawyer guide you?
Truck accidents happen every day across the United States. Trucks are big and often carrying heavy loads, which can make them difficult to control. When they collide with smaller vehicles, the results can be catastrophic. The injuries sustained in a truck accident are often very serious, and the costs of medical treatment and rehabilitation can be astronomical.
If you have been injured in a truck accident, it may be difficult to know where to turn or what to do next. A Southampton truck accident attorney can guide you through the process and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Your attorney will investigate the accident, gather evidence, and speak to witnesses. They will also negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf. The goal of a Southampton truck accident lawyer is to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
What causes truck accidents in Southampton?
There are many factors that can contribute to a truck accident. Some of the most common causes include:
- Driver Fatigue: Truck drivers often work long hours, and they may not get enough rest. This can lead to them being fatigued while driving, which can make it difficult to stay focused on the road.
- Distracted Driving: Distractions are a major problem for all drivers, but they can be especially dangerous for truck drivers. Because they are often carrying large loads, it is important for truckers to be able to focus on the task at hand.
- Driving under the influence: Driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol or certain medication can impair a driver’s ability to operate a truck safely. It is important for truck drivers to be aware of the dangers of driving while impaired.
- Speeding and Reckless Driving: Truckers may be tempted to speed in order to make deliveries on time. However, speeding can be dangerous, and it increases the risk of an accident.
- Inadequate Training: Truck drivers need to have a special license to operate their vehicles. In some cases, however, truck drivers may not have received the proper training before getting behind the wheel.
- Improper Maintenance: Trucks require regular maintenance in order to stay in good condition. If a truck is not properly maintained, it can lead to accidents.
- Poor Weather Conditions: Wet or icy roads can make it difficult for any driver to stay in control of their vehicle. This is especially true for truck drivers, as the weight of their load can make it difficult to stop or turn.
- Defective Equipment: If a truck’s brakes or tires are not in good condition, it can increase the risk of an accident.
Understanding the cause of your accident is important in order to determine who may be liable. Southampton truck accident lawyers can investigate the cause of the accident and help you hold the responsible party accountable.
Recoverable Damages for your truck injuries
The amount of compensation you may be entitled to will depend on the severity of your injuries and the circumstances of your case.
Some of the damages that may be available in a truck accident case include:
Medical expenses: You may be able to recover the cost of all past and future medical treatment related to your injuries, including doctor ’s visits, hospital stays, surgeries, and rehabilitative care.
Lost wages: If you are unable to work because of your injuries, you may be able to recover the wages you have lost as well as the loss of future earnings.
Pain and suffering: You may be able to recover damages for the physical pain and emotional suffering you have endured because of your injuries.
Punitive damages: In some cases, the court may award punitive damages as a way to punish the responsible party.
Your Southampton personal injury lawyer will work towards getting you the full amount of compensation you are entitled to. Truck accidents can cause serious injuries and result in large medical bills. You should not have to bear the financial burden of someone else’s negligence.
Contact The Law Offices Of Samuel Fishman Today.
Following a truck accident, it is important to speak with an experienced Southampton personal injury lawyer who can help you protect your rights. The lawyers at The Law Offices of Samuel Fishman have over 25 years of experience handling truck accident cases.
We have the resources necessary to fully investigate your case and build a strong claim for compensation. We will take on the insurance companies so that you can focus on your recovery. We will act within the 2 years statute of limitations to file your lawsuit and protect your right to compensation.
Contact us today for a free consultation. We will review your case and help you understand your legal options.