How Car Accident Attorneys Can Help You Obtain Fair Compensation
Car accidents are common, but resulting injuries and damages can vary significantly. Oftentimes, the damage to vehicles and drivers is minimal. However, in some cases, drivers and passengers may be seriously injured. Some victims may even require extensive lifetime care. In the worst cases, accidents are fatal.
Fortunately, compensation for injuries and damages can help.
- If you’ve suffered a Car Accident in Newtown, and it’s someone else’s fault, you may have a personal injury case. But before you file a car accident claim, it’s important to understand the laws.
- Typically in car accidents, your responsibility is expressed as a percentage. Some people maybe 20% at fault, and some at 40%. In Pennsylvania, a modified comparative negligence state, If you are over 50% at fault, you will not receive money from the other party.
- Section 7102 of the Pennsylvania General Assembly contains the state’s modified comparative negligence rule which suggests that the plaintiff’s contributory negligence will not bar his or her recovery, as long as the negligence does not surpass the causal negligence of the defendant.
- What it means is that if the plaintiff’s percentage of fault is at or below 50%, he will still be eligible for financial recovery. However, the defendant’s percentage of fault has to reach 50% or greater for the plaintiff to receive any money, and the plaintiff’s recovery (if any) will be reduced by his or her own percentage of fault.
- Determining fault can be difficult. This is where a good lawyer can assist.
Talk with an Experienced Attorney
- An accomplished accident lawyer may be able to help you obtain compensation. Qualified lawyers understand personal injury law and can suggest crucial legal options in filing your claim. In some cases, you may even have to present evidence before a court or arbitration; then, a newtown personal injury attorney can help you present a strong, compelling case
- In other cases, a settlement with your insurance company can be secured.
- Proving the other party’s negligence is crucial during this legal process. If the other party didn’t behave responsibly, your attorney can help you prove it. There are important elements that need to be taken into consideration when proving negligence.
- Usually, a negligent person does not follow what’s called, duty of care. A negligent driver may be speeding, turning too fast, or driving drunk. There are many ways to prove this negligent behavior. Generally, in order to prove your case, you need to establish that the defendant had a duty and breached that duty; that this breach was an actual and proximate cause of the injury; and that there were some ascertainable injuries/damages that resulted from the negligence.
By consulting a reputed Newtown Car Accident Lawyer Trust, you can avoid many hassles. When you have an expert represent your case before the court, you are more likely to receive compensation. Your attorney can help you gather all documents while presenting the best argument for fair compensation.
Types of Damages in a Car Accident
- Damages refer to the compensation you may receive for all types of losses due to an accident. These losses can be related to vehicle damage, property damage, medical bills, loss of wages, one’s personal injuries, etc. To prove damages, proper evidence must be presented. So, it is important to provide all evidence and relevant documents to support your claim to your attorney.
- Test reports, prescribed treatments, the list of medications, and employment-related documentation (if relevant) are all important documents to consider.
Clients can receive damages for a number of things, including but not limited to
- Medical bills
- Loss of income
- Loss of intimacy
- Loss of enjoyment
- Property loss/damage
- Emotional issues
- Pain and suffering
So don’t wait or let things get worse. If you suffered a car accident in Newtown, it’s time to act. Your future, and the future of your loved ones, may depend on it.
Don’t miss out on the compensation you may be entitled to. Consult an experienced Newtown Car Accident Attorney Newtown representative at the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman, PC.