Philadelphia Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
If you or any of your loved ones have faced elder abuse or nursing home negligence, call (215)-464-4600 and consult with our Philadelphia elder neglect attorney. The Law Offices of Samuel Fishman know the factors and facets of such cases and can handle such claims efficiently. You can book a free case evaluation session with our lawyers.
Samuel Fishman has been helping claimants for more than two decades. He and his team of experienced lawyers know how to investigate the case, file a strong claim, and win fair compensation for your losses. We walk the extra mile to help victims and their families gain closure and fair compensation.
Nursing home negligence is a punishable offense and such incidents can often land the victim in severe circumstances. We understand this and handle every elder abuse case with precision and compassion.
It may become unsafe for an elderly person to live alone at a certain point in their life. When a person is placed in a nursing home, it is usually done to ensure their personal safety and well-being.
- While most nursing homes provide exceptional care, cases of abuse and neglect still occur. The elderly residents of nursing homes are especially vulnerable members of our society and should be protected.
- Often, nursing home residents are too frightened to speak out against the abuse from which they are suffering. Other times, they do not have the mental faculties to defend themselves or report the abuse.
- As a result, friends, family members, and other loved ones must be aware of the early signs of nursing home neglect and the different types of elder abuse that exist today.
- If you suspect that your loved one is the victim of nursing home neglect, call the attorneys at the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman for your free consultation today.
Types and Signs of Nursing Home Neglect
Most people are aware of the common types of nursing home abuse that can happen. When a person is punched, kicked, or otherwise physically abused, the signs are usually readily apparent and easy to spot.
Neglect, however, is a lot more difficult and can be trickier to detect. An older adult may not even realize that he or she is being neglected. As a result, they may not voluntarily speak out about the situation to loved ones.
- Basic Needs
Unfortunately, the residents of nursing homes do not always receive the proper amount of nutrition. As a result, they can become malnourished and dehydrated. Additionally, living environments in nursing homes are not always kept clean. Senior citizens who inexplicably lose a lot of weight or are reluctant to allow visitors into their rooms may continue to suffer from this type of neglect.
- Personal Hygiene
The elderly often need help to stay clean. Too often, however, they do not receive the assistance they need. Signs of this type of neglect include the odor of urine or feces, a visibly unclean appearance, soiled clothing, or poor dental hygiene.
- Emotional Needs
Top-notch nursing homes always make sure to engage their residents to keep them active and healthy. A pervasive type of neglect typically involves isolation. In this case, no one makes any real effort to interact with the elderly resident.
Individuals affected by isolation may exhibit vital signs of depression and may also appear to withdraw from friends and family. Another type of emotional neglect is verbal abuse, which is also an all-too-common occurrence. Senior citizens who seem frightened of staff may be experiencing this type of abuse.
- As people age, their medical needs generally increase. Therefore, most nursing home residents usually require some form of medication to stay healthy. It is essential to keep these residents active at all costs. Constant supervision is also imperative.
- Signs of this type of nursing home neglect include frequent and severe falls, bedsores, suffocation in bed, or declining health due to infrequent doses of medication.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect are unfortunate and all-too-common problems in today’s society. By understanding the types of abuse and neglect that can occur – and by having a clear idea about the signs that they are occurring – it is easier to protect your elderly loved ones.
Contact Philadelphia Elder Neglect Lawyer at Law Office Of Samuel Fishman
Consult our nursing home neglect and elder abuse attorneys if you suspect that your loved one is suffering in a nursing home. Our attorneys will investigate the situation and provide personalized recommendations for the unique facts surrounding your case.
A successful lawsuit can result in remedies such as compensation for the pain and suffering that your loved one has endured. Our office will help maximize your loved one’s ability to obtain full compensation for his or her injuries. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Contact the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman at 215-464-4600 today!